Recipe by Susie in Texas
These are very easy and versatile. You can even use leftover homemade chili, if you have some on hand. Note, these enchiladas are made with flour tortillas because we like them the best, but you may use corn tortillas for a more traditional enchilada.
Top Review by sheriboren
Excellent Beefiladas! I just happened to have some leftover chili and decided this would be perfect. I topped the Beefiladas with chopped green onions and cheese and they were yummy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped,reserving 1/4 cup for topping
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili, no beans (whatever brand you prefer, I use Wolf Brand)
- 12 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, brown ground beef with the onions and jalapenos, seasoning with the salt and pepper.
- When beef is done and onions are tender, remove from heat.
- Drain any excess grease from pan.
- Add one can of chili to ground beef, stirring well to combine.
- Grease a 9X13-inch pyrex casserole dish with oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a clean kitchen towel and thoroughly wet it with water.
- Wring out excess water.
- Wrap all tortillas in the moist kitchen towel.
- Microwave towel wrapped tortillas on High for one minute.
- Then remove from microwave and unwrap towel, carefully, as there will be steam inside the towel.
- Fill each tortilla with beef mixture, roll up and place seam side down in dish.
- Heat remaining can of chili, just until hot.
- Add 1/4 cup water if it seems too thick to pour.
- Evenly pour chili over Beefiladas in pan.
- Sprinkle top with grated cheese and reserved 1/4 cup chopped onion.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.