Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something the kids and husband like. Easy on the cook, too.
Make and share this Beefed-Up Tropical Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb beef flank steak, cut in half lengthwise,then cut crosswise into thin strips
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved
- Let the oil get hot in an electric wok preheated to 400°, or in a stove-top wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef, garlic, red pepper flakes, and ginger; stir and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the beef is browned.
- Add in the peas/carrots, rice, and soy sauce; stir to combine.
- Mix together the sugar and reserved pineapple juice in a small bowl; add to the wok along with the pineapple tidbits; stir to combine.
- Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until well heated.