Something the kids and husband like. Easy on the cook, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb beef flank steak, cut in half lengthwise,then cut crosswise into thin strips
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved
- 1Let the oil get hot in an electric wok preheated to 400°, or in a stove-top wok over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the beef, garlic, red pepper flakes, and ginger; stir and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the beef is browned.
- 3Add in the peas/carrots, rice, and soy sauce; stir to combine.
- 4Mix together the sugar and reserved pineapple juice in a small bowl; add to the wok along with the pineapple tidbits; stir to combine.
- 5Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until well heated.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beefed-Up Tropical Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.8
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 1729.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 34.1 g