Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great hearty soup - one of my hubby's favorites! Like most hearty soups, great with crusty bread.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 311.84 g can black bean soup
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 314.66 ml water
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 59.14 ml green onion, thinly sliced
- sour cream (to garnish)
- Cook beef in 3 quart saucepan until no longer pink.
- Stir in soup, beans, water and salsa.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions.
- Garnish with sour cream.
I added a bit of onion and green pepper to the meat while it was cooking. I used 2 cans of black beans and I used beef broth instead of water because I couldnt find a can of black bean soup. I doubled the recipe for lunches for this week. Well, it is Tuesday and all my lefotvers are gone! We really loved it. Really, really good. Thanks!
This was very good and easy. I used beefy mushroom soup because I couldn't find black bean. I made this to have for my lunches this week and it will be made again.