Recipe by Dib's
This is fast-easy-kid friendly AND potluck handy recipe. You can easily add or subtract ingredients-I do-and it's still great!
Top Review by Marmish
This is an excellent casserole dish! I usually leave out the chiles because I don't often have them and don't miss them. Also, I just press the raw biscuits into my pan to cover the bottom, pour the meat mixture over it, top with the remaining biscuits, then the cheese. Bake it altogether. I gave my friend this recipe and we renamed it after her husband because he likes it so much!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 can chile (mild to hot, whatever you like)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can country biscuits (10 count)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef, onions and peppers and drain.
- Add in tomato sauce, chilies, chili powder and garlic salt.
- Simmer while preparing biscuits.
- Seperate the biscuits and halve them.
- Place i/2 of the biscuits on the bottom of an ungreased 8-10 inch pan.
- Slightly brown these in a 375 degree oven.
- Combine 1/2 of the cheese, sour cream and egg.
- Mix well.
- Remove meat mixture from the heat and stir in the sour cream mixture.
- Spoon over the browned biscuits.
- This part is up to you, I like it both ways.
- You can now add remaining cheese then biscuits or place the biscuits on top of the meat and then the cheese.
- Either way bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.