1/1 Photo of Beefed up Biscuit Casserole
This is fast-easy-kid friendly AND potluck handy recipe. You can easily add or subtract ingredients-I do-and it's still great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 can chile (mild to hot, whatever you like)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can country biscuits (10 count)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1Brown beef, onions and peppers and drain.
- 2Add in tomato sauce, chilies, chili powder and garlic salt.
- 3Simmer while preparing biscuits.
- 4Seperate the biscuits and halve them.
- 5Place i/2 of the biscuits on the bottom of an ungreased 8-10 inch pan.
- 6Slightly brown these in a 375 degree oven.
- 8Combine 1/2 of the cheese, sour cream and egg.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Remove meat mixture from the heat and stir in the sour cream mixture.
- 11Spoon over the browned biscuits.
- 12This part is up to you, I like it both ways.
- 13You can now add remaining cheese then biscuits or place the biscuits on top of the meat and then the cheese.
- 14Either way bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beefed up Biscuit Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.9
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 190.9 mg
- Sodium 732.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 43.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: