Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are a hardy side dish to any cookout. If you like your beans saucy just double the sauce ingredients.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bacon
- 1 (28 ounce) canbushes original baked beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cansdrained kidney beans
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Brown beef, bacon, onion, and garlic. Drain.
- Mix in all other ingredients. Heat in crock pot till ready to serve (can be in crock pot on low heat for several hours).
I love beans and this is now my new favorite baked bean recipe. This will be the "go to" beans at all our cookouts!
I thought these were very good. I did not use the brown sugar or ketchup because I used PaulaG's barbecue sauce #99023, which has a lot of that in it and I was afraid it would be too sweet. But other than that I made as directed. Thanks for posting the recipe.
I must tell you these bakedbeans are wonderful. I made these for family with people in the hospital. Dinner was more than ready for them. We all got together and Fried Chicken and Mac and Cheese and a Cherry Pie filled thier night. They were all so very pleased. I did not change nothing and will not. Great recipe..Thank You and Hugs