Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another recipe from my MIL. Very simple, fast, and tasty. I've listed the spices I used, but honestly, I have no idea how much of each spice. Anywhere between 5-8 "shakes" of each. Season to your taste! Or substitute sausage for the ground beef.
- 4 bell peppers, halved and seeded, any color
- 1 lb ground beef
- ground black pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- chili powder, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- dried sage, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 cups yellow rice (I used an 8oz box of Goya brand )
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Set oven to broil.
- Brown beef (or sausage) in a large pan with the spices (if using sausage, don't add the spices).
- While beef is browning, prepare yellow rice as instructed on bag or box (or use your own recipe) in another large pan.
- While beef and rice are cooking: rinse, halve, and seed your bell peppers and place them hollowed-side up in a 13 x 7 inch baking dish.
- When beef is done browning, add the beef, diced tomatoes, and 1.5 cups of cheese in with the rice pan and stir till thoroughly mixed.
- Put a heaping spoonful of rice mixture into each bell pepper. They'll probably overflow --
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over the top of the stuffed peppers.
- Broil the stuffed peppers until cheese on top is just melted and bubbly (about 15 minutes).