This version of a popular Cantonese dish is cooked with beef stock, which makes the sauce rich and tasty without needing the addition of salt or MSG. This is an excellent dish to serve with another vege stir fry and steamed rice. Adapted from the Fresh Chinese cookbook.
My Private Note
with tw ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 3/4 lb round steaks or 3/4 lb steak fillet, sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 3 1/2 ounces onions, chopped
- 10 ounces yellow bell peppers, cored, deseeded, and chopped
- 3/4 cup beef stock, warmed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (mixed with 1 T water or stock)
- 1Heat oil in a nonstick saute pan over a high heat until hot. Add the black bean sauce and stir-fry for a few seconds; then add the sliced beef and stir-fry for about 1 minute until half-cooled.
- 2Mix in the chili, onion, and yellow bell peppers and stir-fry for about 1 - 2 minutes.
- 3Add the hot stock and bring to a boil.
- 4Slowly stir in the cornstarch paste until the sauce has thickened and become transparent. Serve immediately.
- 5Healthy Tip: Lean beef, such as fillet and round steak, is an excellent source of irod, which is needed for healthy blood. Trimming excess visible fat ensures that this dish is low in fat.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef With Yellow Bell Peppers and Black Bean Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.0
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 194.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean sauce