Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from the Perfect Barbecue Cookbook.
Top Review by IngridH
Very good, and very easy! I cut this down to make just one steak. For the filling, I used 1 T butter, 1 sliced clove of garlic, 1 cremini mushroom, a bit of dehydrated chanterelle and porcini, and about 1/2 teaspoon of fresh parsley. I chose a fat sirloin for the steak. This was excellent. I had no problems with the filling staying in the steak, and I really enjoyed the flavors of mushrooms in every bite. Thanks for posting a great steak recipe!
- 4 beef steaks
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 150 g mixed wild mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the barbecue. Place the steaks onto a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each steak.
- To make the stuffing, heat the butter in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook gently for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook gently for 4-6 minutes, or until tender. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the parsley.
- Divide the mushroom mixture into 4 and insert a portion into the pocket of each steak. Seal the pocket with a toothpick. If preparing ahead, allow the mixture to cool before stuffing the steaks.
- Cook the steaks over hot coals, searing the meat over the hottest part of the grill for 2 minutes on each side. Move the steaks to an area with slightly less intense heat and cook for an additional 4-10 minutes on each side, depending on how well done you like your steaks.
- Transfer the steaks to serving plates and remove the toothpicks. Serve the steaks with salad greens and cherry tomatoes.