1/3 Photos of Beef With Wild Mushrooms
A recipe from the Perfect Barbecue Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the barbecue. Place the steaks onto a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each steak.
- 2To make the stuffing, heat the butter in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook gently for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook gently for 4-6 minutes, or until tender. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the parsley.
- 3Divide the mushroom mixture into 4 and insert a portion into the pocket of each steak. Seal the pocket with a toothpick. If preparing ahead, allow the mixture to cool before stuffing the steaks.
- 4Cook the steaks over hot coals, searing the meat over the hottest part of the grill for 2 minutes on each side. Move the steaks to an area with slightly less intense heat and cook for an additional 4-10 minutes on each side, depending on how well done you like your steaks.
- 5Transfer the steaks to serving plates and remove the toothpicks. Serve the steaks with salad greens and cherry tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef With Wild Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 74.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: