Prep 35 mins
Cook 21 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Combine the mushrooms, wine, and steak in a large heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag; seal.
- Marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning occasoinally.
- Remove steak from bag, reserving mushrooms/marinade.
- Place a large nonstick skillet that has been coated with cooking spray over med-high heat.
- Add in steak; cook 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning after 3 minutes; remove steak from pan.
- Combine onions, 2 tablespoons parsley, rosemary, and remaining ingredients; add onion mixture and mushroom/marinade mixture to the skillet; bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 2 cups (about 15 minutes), stirring often.
- Cut beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Place beef on a serving plate; spoon mushroom sauce over beef.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parsley.