Prep 1 hr
Cook 8 hrs
The ingredients list looks like bbq sauce will be spicy but it isn't, very good and tasty
- 3 lbs beef, boneless whatever is on sale
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped fine
- 4 cups root beer, I like A&W best
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, tabasco, texas pete etc
- 12 slices your favorite bread
- Put salt and pepper on beef.
- Place meat in bottom of crock pot.
- Add 2 cloves of garlic, onions, 1 cup root beer.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours, high 3-4 hours.
- About 1 hour before meat is done start sauce.
- Add 3 cups root beer, chili sauce and 1 clove garlic in sauce pan.
- Simmer about 45 minutes until about half amount is left, stir often.
- Add hot sauce.
- Shred meat from crock pot and add sauce, serve on your favorite bread.