Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe is hearty and filling but so easy in the slow cooker.
Make and share this Beef With Red Wine Gravy (Slow Cooker) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs stewing beef, cubed
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (1/2 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles
- place beef, onions and mushrooms in slow cooker.
- in a small bowl combine broth, wine, gravy mix, tomato paste, salt and bay leaf and pour over top.
- cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- discard bay leaf.
- Combine cornstarch and water stir into meat mixture.
- cover and cook on high 15 minutes.
- sere over noodles.