Cook1 hr 30 mins
This tagine is full of flavor & a little on the spicy side. Serve with Authentic Moroccan Bread to scoop up the sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb beef stew meat
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout spice mix, Ras El Hanout - Moroccan Spice Mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut into small strips
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled & cut into strips
- Heat the olive oil in a tagine over medium heat. Add the onion & beef, brown on all sides.
- Pour the diced tomatoes into the tagine with the water. Add the bouillon, parsley, cilantro, & spices, stir until well blended. Cover with the lid & cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle the peeled potato strips with pepper & paprika then add to the tagine along with the peppers. Cover with the lid & cook on low heat for an hour.
- Check to see if the potatoes are tender. If not, recover & cook for additional 30 minutes.