Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Real Simple. This is what DH wants for dinner... every night!
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium Red Bliss potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley and lemon zest; set aside.
- Season the beef with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to oven and roast, 18 to 20 minutes for medium-rare (internal temperature 125° F). Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a simmer. Add 1 teaspoon salt and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and divide among plates. Gently crush the potatoes with a spoon to crack the skins. Drizzle with the remaining oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the Parmesan.
- Serve with the beef. Top with the parsley.