Recipe by cooking in cairo...
This is a lovely dish you can whip up at the last minute. Its SO EASY, yet so delicious, if you have guests they will ask you for the recipe indeed. Enjoy!
- 4 -8 boneless beef steaks, sliced thin (any beef you like as long as they are sliced thin)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Gravy Master or 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper (i use green, pink and black, but just black ok too)
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cream
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat steaks with ground sea salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper.
- Let sit in refrigerator for at least half hour.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in pan, cook mushrooms, there will be water, cook down until water gone and mushrooms browned a bit, set aside and keep warm.
- In same pan add 2 tablespoons butter put in steaks and brown. Once juices are gone and steaks are brown, add some water, cover and cook until tender.
- Remove steaks to platter and keep warm.
- If there is some juice left in pan good, if not add water and scrape up browned bits.
- Then in the same pan, crack peppercorns into pan, add some water if you need to, Gravy Master, chicken boullion and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- In a bowl mix cornstarch and water and add to pan. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Once to your taste and thickness, add mushrooms and steaks to sauce.
- Before serving add cream to give a nice color and smoothness.
- Great with garlic mashed potatoes or rice.