Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
If you enjoy Thai food, you should try this recipe, from "Stylish Thai in Minutes."
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 8 ounces tender boneless steak, finely sliced and retaining the fat
- 8 ounces coconut cream, not sweetened
- 8 ounces beef broth
- 2 large fresh red chilies, sliced diagonally into ovals
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 round green Japanese eggplants, quartered
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 20 whole fresh sweet basil leaves, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat oil.
- Add garlic and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in curry paste and mix well.
- Add beef and stir-fry until just cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, stir well and bring to boil.
- Add beef stock and return to boil, stirring constantly.
- Add red chillies, fish sauce, Thai eggplant and sugar and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in chopped basil leaves just before serving.
My whole family loved this. I used a little more green curry paste and I did the same thing as the other reviewer - I used a red pepper and about 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes. I didn't use the Japanese eggplants. I think next time I will add some zucchini though. It is a really tasty green curry dish and tastes just like one of our favourite dishes at our favourite thai food restaurant.
My husband loved this. I substitued the red chillies with red peppers and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Yum!