Recipe by lauralie41
Yahoo's Shine has this recipe posted and it is from Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Raita is a yogurt-based side sauce and sounds wonderful paired with the beef sirloin steak.
- 8 ounces plain yogurt, low fat
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, unpeeled and coarsely shredded
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, snipped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl stir together well the yogurt, cucumber, onion, snipped mint, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper as needed and set aside.
- Trim all visible fat from meat and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning. On a unheated broiler pan place meat and broil 3 to 4 inches from heat. For medium rare (145 degrees F) broil 15 to 17 minutes and for medium (160 degrees F) allow 20 to 22 minutes. Turn meat over half way thru broiling time.
- Place steak of serving tray and slice against the grain into thin slices. Garnish steak with mint leaves if desired and serve with raita.