1/1 Photo of Beef With Cucumber Raita
Yahoo's Shine has this recipe posted and it is from Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Raita is a yogurt-based side sauce and sounds wonderful paired with the beef sirloin steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces plain yogurt, low fat
- 1/4 cup cucumber, unpeeled and coarsely shredded
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, snipped
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl stir together well the yogurt, cucumber, onion, snipped mint, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper as needed and set aside.
- 2Trim all visible fat from meat and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning. On a unheated broiler pan place meat and broil 3 to 4 inches from heat. For medium rare (145 degrees F) broil 15 to 17 minutes and for medium (160 degrees F) allow 20 to 22 minutes. Turn meat over half way thru broiling time.
- 3Place steak of serving tray and slice against the grain into thin slices. Garnish steak with mint leaves if desired and serve with raita.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef With Cucumber Raita
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.2
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 92.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 27.3 g