Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 4 lbs beef eye round
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, Crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- caper sauce
- tomato roses
- green onion
- rye bread
- Place roast in utility dish.
- Combine oil, tomato paste, soy sauce, vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over roast, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove roast from marinade; wipe with absorbent paper.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in open roasting pan.
- Roast in moderate oven (350 degrees F.) 18 to 20 minutes per pound or to an internal temperature of 150 degrees F. for medium-rare.
- Chill roast and slice.
- Arrange slices of cold roast beef in an overlapping pattern on a serving platter; spoon caper sauce down center.
- Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with tomato roses, green onions and parsley.
- Serve with rye bread.
- To serve as appetizer, cut cooked roast beef into cubes and serve on small wooden picks inserted in cabbage head or fruit.
- Dip beef cubes in Caper Sauce.