Recipe by Boomette
From Qu'est-ce qu'on mange Volume 3. This dish is really good. One of my favorite.
Top Review by JustJanS
This reminded us of the old fashioned Aussie dish Recipe #67884
I made a half recipe of it, but used all the seasonings and I'm glad I didas I feel it would have been under seasoned for us. We both also added a few more shakes of hot sauce and some soy to our bowls. It was super quick to put together after work and is very healthy. Thanks for posting.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cabbage, thinly sliced
- 28 ounces tomatoes (I used diced or crushed)
- 19 ounces tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 drops hot sauce (tabasco)
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Cook onions 5 minutes, at medium heat, until lightly golden.
- Add ground beef and keep cooking 8 to 10 minutes, while breaking it with a fork, until no more pink.
- Add cabbage and keep cooking 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice, soy sauce, oregano, basil, italian seasoning and tabasco. Add pepper to taste.
- Keep cooking 10 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the cabbage is cooked. (I let mine cook maybe 30 minutes, maybe it all depends on the size of the cabbage).