Recipe by *Parsley*
Serve by itself or over noodles or rice.
Top Review by Netty's Kitchen
I made this recipe for my Japanese daughter in law who is an excellent Japanese cook. I really like the simplicity of the recipe and she liked it so well that she asked ME for the recipe! Only change I made was the broth. I had no beef broth so I substituted vegetable broth. Will make this again! Thanks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 lb small mushroom, sliced (button, shitake or mix)
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl whisk together the 3/4 cup beef broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, pepper and optional salt; SET ASIDE.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil until hot. Add the flank steak and crushed garlic cloves; saute until almost cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes; remove and set aside.
- To the hot empty skillet/wok, add the mushrooms, cabbage, sliced onion, and 2 tablespoons beef broth. Cook and stir until tender-crisp, about 4-6 minutes.
- Pour the set aside soysauce mixture into the skillet with the veggie mixture and cook; stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the set aside beef and heat through.