Recipe by MTpockets
This is great for a quick and easy meal with minimal ingredients. I've made this several times now and I've used both Broccoli and Sugar Snap Peas just for a change and it's good both way's. Came from a "4 ingredients or less" cook book.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, Divided
- 1 lb top round beef, cut into thin strips (or you can use sirloin steaks)
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) package beef flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups broccoli florets or 2 cups sugar snap pea pods
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1⁄2 small onion, thinly sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoons butter and add steak.
- Saute 3-4 minutes or until steak is browned, stirring occasionally to brown evenly.
- Remove steak from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, add rice mix (set aside the seasonings packet) and 2 tablespoons butter and saute until golden brown.
- Slowly stir in rice seasonings packet and 2 1/2 cups water (be careful, it will give off alot of steam) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in steak, broccoli, pepper and onion and return to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender and sauce thickens and serve.