Top Review by JustJanS
This was such a quick meal to prepare, quicker than going out to buy take-aways! It was a good family meal that I plan to make again. I added 2 crushed garlic cloves with the onion, substituted 1/2 cup of wine for broth and threw in 1/4 cup of olives that needed to be used.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks
- 3 cups asparagus (about 1 lb)
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 4 cups cooked bow tie pasta (, farfalle)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (, not oil-packed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Trim fat from beef.
- Cut beef into 2-inch strips.
- Cut strips crosswise into 1/8- inch slices.
- Heat skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Cook asparagus, onions and 1 cup of the broth 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated; remove from skillet.
- Add beef to skillet.
- Cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
- Return vegetables to skillet.
- Add remaining broth and ingredients except cheese; cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- Sprinkle with cheese.