Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Serve with steamed rice and steamed broccoli. (cooking time changed from original posting)
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 lbs beef tip roast
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons scallions, sliced
- Put the mushrooms in your slow cooker and place the beef on top.
- Spread the Hoisin Sauce over the beef, scatter the garlic and salt over it, and pour in the broth around it.
- Cover the slow cooker, and cook on low for 6-8 hours (depending on how hot your crockpot gets).
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker and put it on a platter. Turn cooker to high.
- Mix the cornstarch with water and add to the sauce. When sauce is thickened a bit, pour the sauce into a sauce boat.
- Slice the beef and serve it with the sauce, topped with the scallions.
We like mushrooms so we doubled it to 8oz. Also, 4lbs of beef is too much for our family of 5. I think 2lbs is more than enough.
This smelled great and came out so tender and juicy! I made with a 2 1/2 lb roast but left the sauce amounts the same and served with basmati rice. I only used 1/2 the amount of mushrooms for DH since he doesn't like them. Made for PRMR.
This smelled wonderful baking in the oven and tasted even better! I used #379686 for the hoisin sauce. We are low salt because of DH therefor it was quite salty for us. I guess I need to buy low salt soy from now on. I loved the way the mushrooms on the bottom soaked up the flavors. I will make it again using the low salt soy hoisin and substitute water for the beef broth. I served it over rice. Thanks.