This looks like another good soup recipe from Paula Deen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) box quick-cooking wild rice
- 1 (32 ounce) box beef broth
- fresh thyme (optional)
- 1In large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- 2In medium bowl, combine beef tips and flour.
- 3Add to melted butter and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- 4Remove beef; set aside.
- 5Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic to pan; cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add mushrooms, sherry, salt and pepper, stirring to scrape brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 7Stir in rice, broth and beef.
- 8Cover, and cook for 5 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- 9Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef, Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.9
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 1032.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking wild rice