Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This looks like another good soup recipe from Paula Deen.
Make and share this Beef, Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) box quick-cooking wild rice
- 1 (32 ounce) box beef broth
- fresh thyme (optional)
- In large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- In medium bowl, combine beef tips and flour.
- Add to melted butter and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove beef; set aside.
- Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic to pan; cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, sherry, salt and pepper, stirring to scrape brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in rice, broth and beef.
- Cover, and cook for 5 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
- Serve immediately.