Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This looks like another good soup recipe from Paula Deen.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) box quick-cooking wild rice
- 1 (32 ounce) box beef broth
- fresh thyme (optional)
- In large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- In medium bowl, combine beef tips and flour.
- Add to melted butter and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove beef; set aside.
- Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic to pan; cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, sherry, salt and pepper, stirring to scrape brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in rice, broth and beef.
- Cover, and cook for 5 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
This is an incredibly good tasting soup. Both my husband and i enjoy it.
This was delicious! I could not find a 2.75 oz. box of quick-cooking wild rice, but I did find a quick-cooking wild rice in a package and used about 3/4 of a cup. This was fantastic comfort food and great on a wintry day. The flavor combinations work together really well, and I will be making this again. Made for All New Zaars Tag Game.
This is so YUMMY that I ate two bowls LOL.I didn't have any instant wild rice so used a wild rice/long grain mix I put it all together and let it simmer longer . Made for Newest Zaar Tag Thanks Lainey for posting this keeper