Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This looks like another good soup recipe from Paula Deen.
Make and share this Beef, Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) box quick-cooking wild rice
- 1 (32 ounce) box beef broth
- fresh thyme (optional)
- In large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- In medium bowl, combine beef tips and flour.
- Add to melted butter and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove beef; set aside.
- Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic to pan; cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, sherry, salt and pepper, stirring to scrape brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in rice, broth and beef.
- Cover, and cook for 5 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
This is an incredibly good tasting soup. Both my husband and i enjoy it.
This was delicious! I could not find a 2.75 oz. box of quick-cooking wild rice, but I did find a quick-cooking wild rice in a package and used about 3/4 of a cup. This was fantastic comfort food and great on a wintry day. The flavor combinations work together really well, and I will be making this again. Made for All New Zaars Tag Game.
This is so YUMMY that I ate two bowls LOL.I didn't have any instant wild rice so used a wild rice/long grain mix I put it all together and let it simmer longer . Made for Newest Zaar Tag Thanks Lainey for posting this keeper