1/8 Photos of Beef Wellington so Tender!
1 hr 30 mins
Tender beef tenderloin encased in veggies, prosciutto and puff pastry. This is a 1/2 of a beef tenderloin. Be sure to trim all fat and sliver skin from it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs filet mignon, trimmed of fat
- olive oil, to lightly cover bottom of pan
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 cups diced button mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon minced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted in refrigerator
- salt and black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1In a large pan heat oil and saute onions, pepper, mushrooms and garlic. Till no liquid remains.Remove and cool.
- 2Season beef with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3I the same hot pan, brown tenderloin on all sides about 5-8 minutes.
- 4Remove and let rest until completely cooled. Sprinkle beef with thyme and parsley.
- 5On plastic wrap place prosciutto so it would cover the beef.
- 6You`ll have to place the meat and estimate how much will be needed. Because ever piece is different in thickness and length so do your best to make it fit.
- 7Squeeze any liquid from the veggies and save for a soup or gravy.You can process in a food processor if a paste like consistency is desired.
- 8Place the veggies over the sliced prosciutto. spreading thin over all.
- 9Place the beef on the veggies.
- 10Using the plastic wrap roll the sliced prosciutto over the beef to enclose. As in a jelly roll style. Wrapping with the plastic wrap.
- 11Refrigerate to chill for 1 hour.
- 12Preheat oven to 425.
- 13Roll out the puff pastry large enough to wrap the prepared tender loin.
- 14Pinching seams to enclose. brush with egg-wash and score dough. Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. Can be prepared up to 3 hours at this point and kept chilled.
- 15Place on a greased pan and bake till it registered to 120-130 rare.
- 16130-135 medium rear. baking time will be about 20-30 minutes.
- 17Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- 18Slice thick not to thin.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Wellington so Tender!
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.4
- Calories from Fat 595
- Total Fat 66.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 190.0 mg
- Sodium 229.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 46.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: