Recipe by winter rowand
A delightfully delicious recipe for beef tenderloin. You can use your favorite pate if you can't find this one and any already made pastry or your own dinner roll recipe will work
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks ((1/2 inch thick)
- 4 ounces foie gras pate
- 1 sheet pepperidge farm puff pastry
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make egg wash by mixing ingredients well.
- Sear filets and season as you like (do not cook well just sear them).
- Place 1 oz pate' on each side of filet and roll up in puff pastry, take care to seal dough well with egg wash.
- Use the left over dough to garnish your Wellingtons and brush with egg wash to seal the dough together.
- Bake at 325 for 15 to 30 mins depending on how you prefer your steak.
- Serve with bordelaise or any other red wine sauce of your liking.