Recipe by Brady Bunch plus one
My sister passed this recipe onto me, I like this one alot as you do not use liver pate. I find it super easy.
- 2 -3 lbs tenderloin
- 1 (435 ml) bottleof steak marinade
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb portabella mushroom
- 1⁄2 white onion (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon tarragon leaf
- 1 (8 ounce) package puff pastry
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- salt and pepper tenderloin to taste.
- place tenderloin in ziploc bag and pour 1/2 bottle of marinade over refrigerate 2 hours.
- unthaw puff pastry on counter.
- in a glass measuring bowl put in the mushrooms, onion, butter, tarragon vinegar, wine, tarragon leaves, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- microwave on high for 10 mins stirring every 2 minutes.
- 1/2 way thru cooking time add blending flour little at a time to thicken(cornstarch can be used as well) continuing to stir remove from microwave.
- let sit on counter til very cool.
- Remove tenderloin from ziploc bag and sear both sides to a nice brown approx 3 mins per side let cool.
- on flour surface roll out puff pastry to size needed to accomodate tenderloin.
- when mushroom mixture and tenderloin are cool place meat on puff pastry then mushroom mixture on top fold puff pastry over meat and mixture (burrito style)
- brush an egg wash all over puff pastry.
- place on baking sheet and put in a 350 degree oven for.
- 30 - 45 minutes.
- I serve this on individual plates that have been heated in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- serve with favorite potatoes, (au gratin) steamed asparagus goes with this nicely as well. enjoy!