Recipe by threeovens
This is a good recipe for re-using any left-over roast beef. It's from "Real Simple" magazine.
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems trimmed and removed
- 2 kirby cucumbers, rough chopped
- 4 peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 lb roast beef, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine watercress, cucumbers, peaches, and beef cubes; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt whisking to dissolve sugar; add garlic, ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the oil, in a thin steady stream, until emulsified; stir in shallots.
- Transfer the salad to a serving platter, or bowl, and drizzle with the vinaigrette; serve additional vinaigrette along side.