An easy, but fancy looking :-) appetizer that will impress. Can be made ahead. Use as finger food or serve as a 1st course during a dinner party. Can be served hot or cold. I like flank steak because the slices tend to be longer and are easier to work with. Aside from flank steak being my favourite steak...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- 2Over medium-high heat add oil and cook steak for 10-12 minutes until steak is rare (do not overcook). You can also grill on the BBQ.
- 3Let stand 10 min before slicing into thin slices accross the grain.
- 4Mix mayo and wasabi paste and spread over the steak slices evenly.
- 5Sprinkle arugula/watercress over beef.
- 6Place a few strips of peppers and carrots on one side of the beef slice and roll up the ends of the beef slice.
- 7Secure ends with a tooth pick.
- 9Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef & Wasabi Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 53.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: