Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy, but fancy looking :-) appetizer that will impress. Can be made ahead. Use as finger food or serve as a 1st course during a dinner party. Can be served hot or cold. I like flank steak because the slices tend to be longer and are easier to work with. Aside from flank steak being my favourite steak...
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Over medium-high heat add oil and cook steak for 10-12 minutes until steak is rare (do not overcook). You can also grill on the BBQ.
- Let stand 10 min before slicing into thin slices accross the grain.
- Mix mayo and wasabi paste and spread over the steak slices evenly.
- Sprinkle arugula/watercress over beef.
- Place a few strips of peppers and carrots on one side of the beef slice and roll up the ends of the beef slice.
- Secure ends with a tooth pick.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Made this to take to a dinner party we attended the other night & it was a huge success ~ A make again kind of recipe for me! Followed your directions right on down & although I don't usually do steak (just ask my other half), these appetizers were a definite success, just as the recipe is a great keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits tag]
my friends were impressed by this appetizer. it was easy to make..but time consuming due to the fact that you have to roll each piece individually. i added radish sprouts to the middle of the roll to kick up the presentation a little. i'll be making this again soon!