Recipe by Deantini
An easy, but fancy looking :-) appetizer that will impress. Can be made ahead. Use as finger food or serve as a 1st course during a dinner party. Can be served hot or cold. I like flank steak because the slices tend to be longer and are easier to work with. Aside from flank steak being my favourite steak...
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this to take to a dinner party we attended the other night & it was a huge success ~ A make again kind of recipe for me! Followed your directions right on down & although I don't usually do steak (just ask my other half), these appetizers were a definite success, just as the recipe is a great keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits tag]
- 500 g flank steaks, sliced (or use top sirloin grilling steak)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 2 cups arugula (or use watercress)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Over medium-high heat add oil and cook steak for 10-12 minutes until steak is rare (do not overcook). You can also grill on the BBQ.
- Let stand 10 min before slicing into thin slices accross the grain.
- Mix mayo and wasabi paste and spread over the steak slices evenly.
- Sprinkle arugula/watercress over beef.
- Place a few strips of peppers and carrots on one side of the beef slice and roll up the ends of the beef slice.
- Secure ends with a tooth pick.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.