Beef Vindaloo - the Hot One
- (2 Days before) Place the beef in a bowl and add 2 teaspoons of the curry powder and 2 teaspoons of the chilli, make sure it is coated evenly and fully and leave in the fridge to marinate.
- (on Day).
- Roughly chop the onion, mince the garlic, mustard seed, ginger and vinegar together to form a paste.
- Add the oil to a large oven ready pan and fry the onions, garlic/ginger paste and the chillis till the onion is soft (this bit stings the eyes), add in the all ingredients except for the meat and coconut milk and fry for a further 2 mins ensuring the onions and chillis are covered in the powdered ingredients.
- Add the meat and fry gently for 10 minutes to seal the meat.
- Add the coconut milk and stir, bring to a boil and simmer for roughly 10 minutes until suace begins to thicken.
- Transfer to the oven at 200'C for 30 minutes stirring regularly to finish off.
- Serve on pilau rice preferably with a Lassi drink as thats the only thing that will cool your mouth down.