Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A fiery taste sensation for those who like it hot.
- 2 kg stewing beef (Cubed)
- 1 onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons nut oil
- 2 slices ginger (2.5cm Fresh)
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds (Crushed)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons curry powder (hot)
- 4 teaspoons chili flakes
- 15 chili peppers (Sliced with seeds)
- 400 ml coconut milk (4th extract) or 400 ml water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (Crushed)
- (2 Days before) Place the beef in a bowl and add 2 teaspoons of the curry powder and 2 teaspoons of the chilli, make sure it is coated evenly and fully and leave in the fridge to marinate.
- (on Day).
- Roughly chop the onion, mince the garlic, mustard seed, ginger and vinegar together to form a paste.
- Add the oil to a large oven ready pan and fry the onions, garlic/ginger paste and the chillis till the onion is soft (this bit stings the eyes), add in the all ingredients except for the meat and coconut milk and fry for a further 2 mins ensuring the onions and chillis are covered in the powdered ingredients.
- Add the meat and fry gently for 10 minutes to seal the meat.
- Add the coconut milk and stir, bring to a boil and simmer for roughly 10 minutes until suace begins to thicken.
- Transfer to the oven at 200'C for 30 minutes stirring regularly to finish off.
- Serve on pilau rice preferably with a Lassi drink as thats the only thing that will cool your mouth down.
Awesome flavor! Not for the tender tongues! Used red curry and served over vegetable stir fry and jasmine rice. Great one Jag!