1 hr 30 mins
Adjust the chili powder to suit your tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg beef steak, trimmed and cut into 2 . 5 cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 -3 teaspoons red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
- 1Place beef cubes in a glass bowl. Put the ginger, garlic and vinegar in a food processor or blender fitted with the metal blade. Process for about 30 seconds. Add the chilli powder, turmeric, cumin cinnamon and salt and mix until smooth.
- 2Pour this spice mix over the cubes, then cover and refrigerated for 1 hour.
- 3Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heathen add the onions and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Drain the beef (reserve liquid).
- 5Add the beef to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until the beef changes colour on all sides.
- 6Add the reserved liquid, sugar and tomato.
- 7Cover and cook over a medium-low heat for 45 minutes or until tender.
- 8Serve over rice with fresh coriander to garnish.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Vindaloo
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.6
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 111.6 mg
- Sodium 491.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 32.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: