Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I finally wrote down the exact amounts I used to get some great tasting jerky! The cayenne pepper is optional as it does spice it up a bit. The kids love it and its better than feeding them twinkees.
- 5 lbs ground beef or 5 lbs ground venison
- 2 tablespoons mortons tender quick salt
- 1⁄3 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients. Pour over meat and mix well. Put it in the fridge overnight. I use a dehydrator and a jerky gun to dry the stuff as I've found this is the best way to make jerky. Usually takes about 7 hours to dry.
I just spent 2 hours looking for this recipe It was the only one I use to make, at least 10 years ago. When I finally gave up and came to the Zaar I was thrilled to find this. Thank you. It is the best jerky recipe ever. I have made it with ground beef, ground venisonm, and ground elk.