Recipe by novitz
HUGE pot Bean soup with beef and veggies. Very filling. Great with salad or sandwiches. Great for a crowd. makes 9 1-1/2 cup servings
Top Review by bmcnichol
As written this was OK. We did doctor it up with more spices. I added 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of pepper, some salt and liquid smoke. This made it better but still not our favorite.
- 1 (20 ounce) bag 15 bean soup mix
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sirloin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth, 99% fat free
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 bag frozen carrots, crinkle cut
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Place in large soup pot and cover with 6 cups water.
- Add 3 beef boullion cubes, onion and celery.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a rapid simmer.
- Cover bean pot.
- Meanwhile, Cube sirloin and lightly brown with Worchesire sauce.
- Add to bean pot.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add can of beef broth and bag of frozen carrots (I let them thaw on the counter to reduce cooking time) Simmer covered 1 addittional hour.
- Add cans of green beans and corn.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- *When I add carrots and beef broth I throw in some garlic powder and whatever seasonings I have in the cabinet.