Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I had this at an all day retreat. The woman who brought it served it with great bread and a salad. EVERYONE loved it! So warm and filling!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 4 cups condensed beef consomme
- 2 cups French onion soup (may have to use a mix to make this, I use more beef consume as the water)
- 4 cups diced tomatoes with seasonings
- 8 ounces frozen corn
- 3 raw carrots
- 3 celery ribs
- 1⁄2 cup pasta, any small kind (this really is enough)
- 3 -4 small onions
Seasonings (not limited to these)
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Optional (any vegetables and amount will work here)
- 1 cup mushroom
- Chop carrots into pieces.
- Chop celery into pieces.
- Cut onions into quarters.
- Brown the meat in a skillet and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine all liquids, vegetables, and seasonings. You may add any other amount and type of vegetable you wish. Seasonings are to taste and preference. Simmer for 30 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Add pasta to the pot and allow to cook further (15 minutes).
- Add ground beef to the mix and allow to warm through (3 or 4 minutes).
- If it's getting too dry, you can add more liquid.
- Serve with wine, good bread, and salad.