1/1 Photo of Beef Vegetable Stew
8 hrs 10 mins
Works for the crock pot (if you have a large crock pot) or the stove top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 lbs lean stewing beef, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and cut into 1-inch dices
- 6 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped into large pieces
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, halved (large ones quartered)
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup light sour cream (or regular)
- 1Place beef and vegetables (including celery leaves) in large crock pot or large soup pot.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine water, beef bouillon, wine, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and cornstarch; stir well. Add in brown sugar, spices and garlic; mix well.
- 3Pour this mixture over beef and veggies.
- 4Cook on low in crock pot for 6-8 hours OR cook in soup pot on top of stove, covered, on low-med heat for about 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 5When done cooking, remove from heat, stir in the sour cream and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Vegetable Stew
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.3
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 385.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: