Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
A simple, hearty soup. Using homemade beef stock is recommended. Posted 12-2-04.
Make and share this Beef Vegetable Soup With Orzo recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups beef stock or 5 cups broth
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) canspicy tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 ounces medium mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup fresh peas or 1 cup frozen peas
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- In a lsrge pot, over high heat, add the first 10 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and orzo.
- Simmer covered for 10 more minutes.
- Add in peas, stir; cook uncovered for about 10 more minutes or until ingredients are tender; adjust seasoning to taste.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.