Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
There's a chill in the air, the kids' cheeks are rosy, and the leaves have begun falling ... That spells SOUP! There's nothing better on those cold weather days than cozying up to a steaming bowl of home-made soup. If you love the taste, but don't think you have the time -- Think again. This flavorful 'cold weather chaser' can be on your family's table in less than an hour! Team it up with warm sourdough rolls and a fresh garden salad, and you have a satisfying meal any day of the week. Cook's Tips: (1) Make the soup a day ahead of serving. The flavors will 'marry' and the soup will taste even better. (2) Double the recipe and freeze it in individual servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
- 1/2 cup frozen zucchini
- 1/2 cup frozen lima beans
- 5 cups vegetable juice or 5 cups tomato juice
- 4 cups water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons instant beef bouillon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil (crush between fingers to wake up flavor)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram (crush between fingers to wake up flavor)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 0.75 (1 lb) package spaghetti (uncooked, broken into thirds)
- grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley (finely chopped)
- 1In a heavy dutch oven, brown ground beef; drain. (Do not overcook).
- 2Add next 12 ingredients; give a good stir.
- 3Bring soup mixture to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes (Give a good stir every now and then).
- 5Prepare broken spaghetti per package directions; drain.
- 6Add spaghetti to soup mixture; heat through (4 or 5 minutes).
- 7Pour into warmed soup bowls and top with Parmesan and parsley.
- 8Serve with warm rolls & butter and a green salad -- "Ummm Ummm good".
- 9Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Vegetable Soup - Simple, Hearty, and Yummy
Serving Size: 1 (3851 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 854.0
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Sodium 1409.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 50.9 g