Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This has a mild tomato taste and lot's of colorful veggies.
- 12 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 12 cups sliced frozen carrots
- 12 cups frozen peas
- 12 cups frozen lima beans
- 12 cups frozen cut green beans
- 9 cups diced celery
- 1 (16 ounce) package small shell pasta
- 4 quarts tomato sauce
- 2 (32 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 10 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 4 cups diced onions
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- In a 8 gallon kettle combine first 7 ingredients.
- Add water to cover.
- Add tomato sauce and broth.
- In a large skillet cook beef, turkey and onions till no longer pink.; drain.
- Add to veggie mixture.
- Stir in salt, basil and pepper; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 1- 1/2 hours till celery is tender.