2 hrs 15 mins
Number of servings is approximate! This is my family's favorite soup. The recipe makes ALOT of soup...so I like to prepare and freeze it for busy nights when I don't really have alot of time to cook. If I'm making this to freeze, I omit the potatoes and add them later. My family loves this with thick slices of plain or cracklin cornbread! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen cut okra
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1Put stew beef in a large dutch oven with enough water to cover it.
- 2Bring to a boil and add bouillon cubes.
- 3Simmer, covered, approx 1 1/2 hours or until meat is almost done.
- 4Check the beef occasionally to make sure you still have enough liquid in the dutch oven.
- 5Additional water (or beef broth if you prefer) may be added if needed.
- 6While the beef simmers, brown and drain ground beef.
- 7When stew beef is almost done, add all remaining ingredients.
- 8Simmer approx 30 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are done.
- 9If the soup seems to be too thick, additional water (or beef broth) may be added.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.1
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.1 mg
- Sodium 1047.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 37.0 g