Recipe by VLizzle
A nice comfy soup that is easy to put together! Some additional info for ingredients: I use 1 tsp McCormicks Basil/Garlic Blend - which I am having trouble listing as an ingredient and also 1 4oz can of Pennsylvania Dutchman Chunky Style Portabello Mushrooms. You can use fresh mushrooms if you prefer.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for lunch yesterday to take to the beach with us...yummy. I cut the recipe in half and used regular mushrooms which I sliced, added some potatoes and I also used the McCormick basil/garlic blend seasoning. Made for New Kids on the Block tag game. Will make this again. Thank you.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 32 ounces low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, fire roasted and undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE FOR SOME IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT INFORMATION.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet to medium.
- Toss the beef & onion with the salt & basil/garlic blend & transfer to the pan.
- Cook stirring constantly until the beef is no longer pink & the onions are translucent.
- Drain well and pat the mixture dry with a paper towel(s).
- Transfer to a crock pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.