Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A nice comfy soup that is easy to put together! Some additional info for ingredients: I use 1 tsp McCormicks Basil/Garlic Blend - which I am having trouble listing as an ingredient and also 1 4oz can of Pennsylvania Dutchman Chunky Style Portabello Mushrooms. You can use fresh mushrooms if you prefer.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 32 ounces low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, fire roasted and undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE FOR SOME IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT INFORMATION.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet to medium.
- Toss the beef & onion with the salt & basil/garlic blend & transfer to the pan.
- Cook stirring constantly until the beef is no longer pink & the onions are translucent.
- Drain well and pat the mixture dry with a paper towel(s).
- Transfer to a crock pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Made this for lunch yesterday to take to the beach with us...yummy. I cut the recipe in half and used regular mushrooms which I sliced, added some potatoes and I also used the McCormick basil/garlic blend seasoning. Made for New Kids on the Block tag game. Will make this again. Thank you.