Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a 30 minute version of the traditional twelve hour recipe. Source: Better Homes & Gardens The Big Book of 30 minute Dinners.
- 3⁄4 lb beef tenderloin (cut into 3/4-in pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms or 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms or 1 1⁄2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onions, chopped or 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup port wine or 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups sugar snap peas or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- hot cooked wide egg noodles (optional) or bow tie pasta (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet cook stir meat in hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until meat is of desired doneness. Remove meat from skillet, reserve drippings. Keep meat warm.
- In the same skillet cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add beef broth and wine or sherry. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in sugar snap peas; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes more or until peas are tender.
- Stir in meat and tomatoes; heat through. If desired, serve over noodles or pasta.
- Total time 30 start to finish.
- Can be made ahead, just reheat while pasta is cooking and add snap peas right before serving.
- Can be served alone or paired with a crusty bread and salad.