Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have seen alot of Beef vegie soups but not like this one. I like to use leftover Roast beef or get some at the deli. I sometimes make in crockpot for 8-12 hours on low. You may need to check on it. The potatoes thicken it and the tomatoes give body to the broth.
- 226.79 g ground sirloin or 226.79 g sliced roast beef, leftover
- 1419.54 ml beef broth
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 7 whole garlic cloves
- 473.18 ml carrots, peeled and in chunks
- 473.18 ml stewed tomatoes
- 118.29 ml green beans, sliced
- 118.29 ml red wine (optional)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 591.47 ml yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 236.59 ml celery, diced
- 118.29 ml corn
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- oregano, to taste
- Sprinkle meat with 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder and pepper.
- Brown and drain well if using Ground sirloin.
- Put meat into a large soup pot or into sprayed Crock Pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. (Crockpot put on high for about an hour).
- Reduce heat and simmer about 1 1/2 hours.
- The longer you simmer the thicker the soup will be.
- In a crockpot cook on low about 8-10 hours checking after about 6 hours to check the thickness.
- The potatoes help to thicken this soup and the tomatoes give body to the broth.
Perfectly delicious!!! However, I used 1 1/4 lb of ground chuck. Can't imagine it with just 1/2 lb. The only other tweeks was I added roughly 2 cups of v8 juice, just because I had it... and only 4 potatoes.<br/> <br/>Anyways, I will discard other vegetable beef recipes I have tried, as this is perfect! <br/><br/>Thanks!
This soup was absolutely delicious. Yummy for the tummy. I love soups and this one is a keeper. I used about 1 lb of fresh sirloin cubes, I browned it with some flour and seasoning salt and garlic powder then added everything else. I used about 8 cups of beef broth and after adding 3 potatoes I found it to be plenty. Guess it depends on the size of the potatoes. The house sure smelled great after simmering for about 2 hours. Such a delicious flavor. Thanks for the post of this great recipe Karen. Stay strong.
This is a delicious, hearty, satisfying, simple to make stew! I used 1 lb of cubed stew beef and feel like there wasn't quite enough beef for my liking. I think 2 lbs would be perfect.