1/4 Photos of Beef Vegetable Garlic Soup
2 hrs 30 mins
I have seen alot of Beef vegie soups but not like this one. I like to use leftover Roast beef or get some at the deli. I sometimes make in crockpot for 8-12 hours on low. You may need to check on it. The potatoes thicken it and the tomatoes give body to the broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g ground sirloin or 226.79 g sliced roast beef, leftover
- 1419.54 ml beef broth
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 7 whole garlic cloves
- 473.18 ml carrots, peeled and in chunks
- 473.18 ml stewed tomatoes
- 118.29 ml green beans, sliced
- 118.29 ml red wine (optional)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 591.47 ml yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 236.59 ml celery, diced
- 118.29 ml corn
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- oregano, to taste
- 1Sprinkle meat with 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder and pepper.
- 2Brown and drain well if using Ground sirloin.
- 3Put meat into a large soup pot or into sprayed Crock Pot.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. (Crockpot put on high for about an hour).
- 5Reduce heat and simmer about 1 1/2 hours.
- 6The longer you simmer the thicker the soup will be.
- 7In a crockpot cook on low about 8-10 hours checking after about 6 hours to check the thickness.
- 8The potatoes help to thicken this soup and the tomatoes give body to the broth.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Vegetable Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (617 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 1232.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 17.7 g