1/4 Photos of Beef Vegetable Garlic Soup
2 hrs 30 mins
I have seen alot of Beef vegie soups but not like this one. I like to use leftover Roast beef or get some at the deli. I sometimes make in crockpot for 8-12 hours on low. You may need to check on it. The potatoes thicken it and the tomatoes give body to the broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground sirloin or 1/2 lb sliced roast beef, leftover
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 7 whole garlic cloves
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and in chunks
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green beans, sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- oregano, to taste
- 1Sprinkle meat with 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder and pepper.
- 2Brown and drain well if using Ground sirloin.
- 3Put meat into a large soup pot or into sprayed Crock Pot.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. (Crockpot put on high for about an hour).
- 5Reduce heat and simmer about 1 1/2 hours.
- 6The longer you simmer the thicker the soup will be.
- 7In a crockpot cook on low about 8-10 hours checking after about 6 hours to check the thickness.
- 8The potatoes help to thicken this soup and the tomatoes give body to the broth.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Vegetable Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (617 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 1232.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 17.7 g