Recipe by kzbhansen
I have seen alot of Beef vegie soups but not like this one. I like to use leftover Roast beef or get some at the deli. I sometimes make in crockpot for 8-12 hours on low. You may need to check on it. The potatoes thicken it and the tomatoes give body to the broth.
Top Review by Sara Kate
Perfectly delicious!!! However, I used 1 1/4 lb of ground chuck. Can't imagine it with just 1/2 lb. The only other tweeks was I added roughly 2 cups of v8 juice, just because I had it... and only 4 potatoes.<br/> <br/>Anyways, I will discard other vegetable beef recipes I have tried, as this is perfect! <br/><br/>Thanks!
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin or 1⁄2 lb sliced roast beef, leftover
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 7 whole garlic cloves
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and in chunks
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- oregano, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle meat with 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder and pepper.
- Brown and drain well if using Ground sirloin.
- Put meat into a large soup pot or into sprayed Crock Pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. (Crockpot put on high for about an hour).
- Reduce heat and simmer about 1 1/2 hours.
- The longer you simmer the thicker the soup will be.
- In a crockpot cook on low about 8-10 hours checking after about 6 hours to check the thickness.
- The potatoes help to thicken this soup and the tomatoes give body to the broth.