Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yield 30 appetizers (serving size: 1 triangle and 1 1/2 teaspoons sauce)
Make and share this Beef Triangles With Chutney Sauce (Cooking Light) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup dried currant
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 15 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Combine yogurt and mango chutney in a bowl; stir well, and set chutney sauce aside.
- Cook meat and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain meat mixture in a colander; wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
- Return meat mixture to skillet. Add currants and next 6 ingredients (currants through black pepper); stir well. Combine water and cornstarch; stir well, and add to the meat mixture. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Working with 1 phyllo sheet at a time, cut each sheet lengthwise into 4 (3 1/2-inch-wide) strips; lightly coat strips with cooking spray (cover remaining phyllo dough to keep it from drying out). Stack 2 strips, and spoon about 1 tablespoon meat mixture onto one end of each stack. Fold the left bottom corner over mixture, forming a triangle; keep folding back and forth into a triangle to end of strip.
- Place triangles, seam sides down, on a baking sheet; lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with chutney sauce.