1/3 Photos of Beef Tortillas
Perfect Pixie's Note:
I adapted this out of a children's cookbook and changed it around quite a bit. It says you can use corn tortillas as well and you can also substitute chopped chicken. If you don't get tins on chopped tomatoes where you are then the recipe did call for 4 ripe tomatoes. I also used more than twice the amount of cheese called for and used a dominoes store brought white sauce which was also more than required.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees c
- 2Heat oil in pan, add minced garlic and onion and fry until onion is clear.
- 3Add mince and brown. add the tomatoes, chili, cumin and coriander.
- 4Allow to cook over a low heat for 20-30 minutes (I stuck mine in the oven for half an hour with the lid on).
- 5Lightly grease a baking dish.
- 6Divide meat filling between tortillas and roll them up to enclose filling. Place them in the greased dish.
- 7Pour white sauce over tortillas and sprinkle cheese on top.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes until cheese melts and tortillas are piping hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.9
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 99.0 mg
- Sodium 825.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 37.6 g