Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I adapted this out of a children's cookbook and changed it around quite a bit. It says you can use corn tortillas as well and you can also substitute chopped chicken. If you don't get tins on chopped tomatoes where you are then the recipe did call for 4 ripe tomatoes. I also used more than twice the amount of cheese called for and used a dominoes store brought white sauce which was also more than required.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (approx)
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 8 flour tortillas
- 300 ml white sauce
- 55 g monterey jack cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees c
- Heat oil in pan, add minced garlic and onion and fry until onion is clear.
- Add mince and brown. add the tomatoes, chili, cumin and coriander.
- Allow to cook over a low heat for 20-30 minutes (I stuck mine in the oven for half an hour with the lid on).
- Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Divide meat filling between tortillas and roll them up to enclose filling. Place them in the greased dish.
- Pour white sauce over tortillas and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese melts and tortillas are piping hot.