1/1 Photo of Beef Tortellini Soup
2 hrs 20 mins
I just sort of came up with this recipe. We liked it so well I decided to post it. Use a good rich beef stock like Wolfgang Puck or Emerill's rather than College Inn. If you don't have beef stock, use beef soup base rather than bouillon cubes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef round steak, cut in small dice
- 1 leek, diced (make sure you wash it well, they can be very gritty)
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, diced or 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 turnip, diced (You can also use rutabega or some diced cabbage) (optional)
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 6 cups strong beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 lb beef tortellini or 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1Brown beef well in a deep dutch oven or stock pot.
- 2Add leek, celery, and onion and saute on low until veges are soft.
- 3Add broth and all other ingredients. Simmer on low for 2-3 hours or until beef is tender.
- 4Add tortellini. Simmer for 5 minutes, then turn off heat and let stand, covered, for at least 30-45 minutes. Tortellini will cook in the hot broth.
- 5Serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 844.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef round steak