Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This simple and quick recipe makes for a delicious, creamy and comforting meal. Note: You can also add a couple of drops of truffle oil for extra (mushroom-y) flavour.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic, chopped
- 226.79 g mushrooms, sliced
- 4.92-9.85 ml tarragon
- fresh basil (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 78.07 ml cream
- 118.29 ml beef stock
- 14.79-29.58 ml white wine or 14.79-29.58 ml vodka
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- flour (as thickening agent for sauce) or cornstarch (as thickening agent for sauce)
- 370 g package beef tortellini
- In a large pan, fry: onion, garlic and mushrooms in 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt/pepper/tarragon. Cook until onions become transparent and mushrooms start to sweat (3-4 minutes).
- Add white wine to deglaze pan. Turn down heat.
- Add beef stock and cream and allow the sauce to return to a slow simmer until mushrooms are cooked through and flavours saturate the sauce. (5-10 minutes).
- At this point, if the sauce is still too thin you can whisk in flour to help thicken. To avoid clumps: whisk a bit of flour into a small amount of cool water in a cup and then add that to the sauce.
- To make the sauce extra rich and flavourful, stir in some Romano or Parmesan cheese and add a couple of drops of truffle oil.
- Add a few fresh basil leaves to sauce.
- Meanwhile, salt water and boil pasta according to package instructions.
- Combine pasta with sauce.