This simple and quick recipe makes for a delicious, creamy and comforting meal. Note: You can also add a couple of drops of truffle oil for extra (mushroom-y) flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic, chopped
- 226.79 g mushrooms, sliced
- 4.92-9.85 ml tarragon
- fresh basil (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 78.07 ml cream
- 118.29 ml beef stock
- 14.79-29.58 ml white wine or 14.79-29.58 ml vodka
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- flour (as thickening agent for sauce) or cornstarch (as thickening agent for sauce)
- 370 g package beef tortellini
- 1In a large pan, fry: onion, garlic and mushrooms in 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt/pepper/tarragon. Cook until onions become transparent and mushrooms start to sweat (3-4 minutes).
- 2Add white wine to deglaze pan. Turn down heat.
- 3Add beef stock and cream and allow the sauce to return to a slow simmer until mushrooms are cooked through and flavours saturate the sauce. (5-10 minutes).
- 4At this point, if the sauce is still too thin you can whisk in flour to help thicken. To avoid clumps: whisk a bit of flour into a small amount of cool water in a cup and then add that to the sauce.
- 5To make the sauce extra rich and flavourful, stir in some Romano or Parmesan cheese and add a couple of drops of truffle oil.
- 6Add a few fresh basil leaves to sauce.
- 7Meanwhile, salt water and boil pasta according to package instructions.
- 8Combine pasta with sauce.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tortellini in a Creamy Tarragon and Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.1
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 163.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: